Why a Girls’ School?
For more than 140 years, St Aloysius College graduates have blazed a trail for women in South Australia. The confidence and capability of our students and graduates is testament to how influential a girls’ school education can be as girls are encouraged to challenge gender stereotypes around the subjects they study, their future careers and the activities they are involved in.
“Our daughter has been nurtured and encouraged to be everything and anything she wants to be.”
DEBBY & JAMIE, PARENTS OF RECENT GRADUATE
As the Alliance of Girls’ Schools Australasia highlight, girls’ schools:
- Achieve higher levels of academic success
- Tailor teaching specifically for girls
- Encourage confidence and report higher self-esteem in students than those in co-educational schools
- Create outstanding opportunities that open doors as girls have greater motivation and higher aspirations
- Achieve higher participation rates in Maths and Science than co-educational schools
To learn more about the benefits of a girls’ school education, visit the Alliance of Girls’ Schools Australasia website.