Subjection Selection 2023
From the Deputy Principal (Teaching & Learning)
This term, students in Years 9, 10 & 11 will choose their subjects for 2023. Students in these year levels are currently participating in subject selection information sessions which provide information about features of the SACE and subject-specific information to assist them with their choices for next year. A unique web code and instructions on how to complete their subject choices online has been emailed to students in these year levels.
Students have been provided with a hard copy of the St Aloysius College SACE Curriculum Handbook 2023, which contains an overview of all subjects offered here at the College in Years 10, 11 and 12, information about completing the SACE, tertiary entrance, and vocational pathways. Current Year 9 and 10 students are strongly encouraged to consider subject choices for next year and to look ahead to explore the pathways these subjects lead to in 2024.
Key dates for students and parents
- 9pm Thursday 18 August: Students complete online subject selection form
- Friday 19 August: Students IN Years 9, 10 & 11 submit a signed hard copy of the subject selection form to their Home Class Teacher
- Monday 29 August (3:00pm – 8:00pm, Week 6) Subject Selection interview with student and parent/caregiver for current students of Year 10 & Year 11
More information about the subject selection interviews in week 6 will be provided via your daughter’s Home Class Teacher in the coming weeks.
Advice for students choosing subjects
- Choose subjects you are good at – your strengths
- Look at your achievement so far this year
- Consider your interests
- Keep your options open
- Research possibilities and talk to others in careers of interest
- Read the SAC Curriculum Handbook for information on subjects
- Visit the SAC Careers website
- Discuss choices with teachers and your family
- Think about what you might like to do after school and what subjects might be best for your plans
- Investigate University pre-requisite subjects for particular courses
- Consider the future career market
- Choose carefully for YOU
Ms Jacqui Jury
Deputy Principal (Teaching & Learning)