From the Secondary Sport Coordinator
Winter Sport Update
SAC teams will be approaching Round 6 of the SA Catholic School Sport Girls Schools Association competition this weekend. Regraded draws have now been placed on the Term 2/3 SEQTA sport portal. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with these as venues and game times have changed for some teams.
With the colder part of winter well and truly among us, there has been a significant increase in lateness to trainings/games and absences due to illness. Any communication in advance is much appreciated so that coaches are aware of numbers and fill ins can be sourced in a reasonable timeframe.
SAC Sport Policy ** IMPORTANT REMINDER **
1. All players are required to attend all meetings, training sessions and games.
2. If a player will be absent from a game or training a parent/guardian (not the player) must notify the appropriate Sport Coordinator via email, text message or phone call at the earliest possible time, preferably at least one day prior to the game or training session.
3. If a student is absent from a training session or game and has not provided sufficient notification via the one of the above methods she will receive a warning. If this happens a second time the Behaviour Management Policy will be applied (refer SAC Student Diary).
4. Students are required to be at all games at least 15 minutes prior to the starting time.
5. Students are required to wear the full correct Physical Education uniform to, from and during sport, including training sessions.
6. Students and parents must follow the St Aloysius College Sport – Code of Conduct for all SAC sporting events.
7. Transport and supervision:
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for transport of their child to and from the sport venue. SAC staff or coaches will be supervising from 10 minutes prior to the game and until 10 minutes after its conclusion. Parents/Guardians are expected to be punctual and considerate of supervising staff.
- Parents/Guardians have provided contact phone numbers and emergency contact details to the school. Please ensure that these remain up-to-date so that parents/guardians/emergency contacts can be contacted quickly in an emergency.
- Parents/Guardians must collect their child/children from sport. Any other arrangements for the collection of children from sport must be notified in writing.
During Week 7, both our senior knockout netball and senior knockout footy teams competed in Round 1 of the School Sport SA Statewide Competition.
In their first game against Glenunga, the Years 11/12 netballers pulled off a 6-point turnaround in the last quarter to bring the scores to a tie. A shot on the buzzer by our GS was counted ‘no goal’, so both teams were sent into overtime. Unfortunately, the girls couldn’t hold on in the last minute, losing by only 2 points. Finishing the day on a positive, the girls pulled off a convincing win against Woodcroft College in the second game. We commend the girls on all their efforts in lead up, and for the many years of service that our Year 12 students have given to the knockout netball program at SAC.
The senior knockout Australian Rules Football team travelled over to Willunga on Friday of Week 7 to meet Norwood International High & Willunga High. Unfortunately, it just wasn’t our day. Playing to a modified game structure due to some unforeseen venue circumstances, the team fell short to Norwood by just 7 points in the first game and a few goals to Willunga. Goal scorers for the day were Macy Philpott, Gracie Sim,
We look forward to future opportunities where these girls will play together again.
Ms Meg Henderson
Secondary Sport Coordinator